You know, it’s a regular day, just checkin’ my email, and then I see a note from Anne, who blogs at Love the Here and Now telling me that she nominated me for a Liebster Award! I am so freakin’ ecstatic that she thought of me for this super awesome bloggy honor. It means so much to me to be recognized and just gives me lots of warm fuzzies. Thank you Anne! I am seriously thrilled.
And then as I’m drafting this very blog post, I get an email that someone else has also nominated me for this award! This one’s from Michelle at It’s the New Twenty. Best blog day ever? Sha, I think so! Seriously, thank you so much, Michelle. I feel so incredibly grateful to know that I meant enough to be thought of for this.
So for those who don’t know, the Liebster Award is an award that bloggers give to other bloggers who are smaller/still growing, but have tons of potential and are generally awesome. When you get one, you give it to more people, passing the bloggy honors around. The rules of winning the award are (taken from Anne’s blog):
- Link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions requested by the nominator.
- Choose 11 nominees with small followings (from as small as 200 or 2,000).
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let the bloggers know they were nominated.
Paying it forward, here are the smallerish blogs I follow that I think are the bees knees that I wish to bestow this honor upon (I also chose to only pick blogs that hadn’t previously been nominated as far as I could tell):
1. Allison from Texas Mrs.
2. Kathryn, and my Carabox partner, from The Grace-Filled Home
3. Cortney, and my “Big” blog sister, from The Little Things & Vodka
4. Brooklyn from A Little Too Jolley
5. Cammi from From Nearly to Newly
6. Leah from The Organized Chicken
7. Brooklyn from To Infinity and B. Haun
8. Gina from Gina’s Agenda
9. Nikki from Rural Rookie
10. Kari at Kari Life
11. Lisa from Two Martinis
The questions I was given from Anne, and my answers, are:
- What was the best vacation that you have gone on? Hands down, my honeymoon. It was in New Orleans in late June, and while it was hot, it was the best time, spending time with my husband, seeing the sights, eating so much amazing food, walking around, lounging around. I can’t wait to go on more trips with him.
- What is the one blog you enjoy reading most? Oh no, don’t make me pick just one! Argh. OK, umm… I’m gonna break the rules. There are 2 that I enjoy the most and I simply refuse to choose only one of them. Amanda from Voyage of the Meemee makes me laugh every day, and the moment I see she made a new post, I drop everything to read it because I know I will love it. And Brianna from Endlessly Beloved has meant a lot to me in growing my blog since she was so helpful as I was starting it up, plus she is just so sweet and adorable. Her posts make me smile as well. And I love her linkup.
- You have a free night…go out or stay home? Stay home! I love staying home. I’d never leave if I had a choice. Well, maybe I’d leave once a week to do errands and go on a date, but I love being home. There’s nothing better than spending your day on the couch watching a movie with your man and your pets. Nothing. Unless popcorn is also present.
- What is your proudest blogging moment yet? Umm, this one!!! Now I can say I’m an award-winning blogger, lol! Plus, as Mister Rogers would tell me, I am special.
- What is your favorite book? Oh dear. At the moment, I’d go with Gone Girl because I have never read a book that made me so intrigued I had a hard time putting it down. But, I also really enjoyed Breakfast at Sally’s, and Paula Deen’s cookbooks, and Alice in Wonderland.
- What is your guilty pleasure treat? Chips and dip. I devour it. I’ve had nothing but chips and dip for dinner far too many times. I just can’t get enough. Guac, french onion, ranch, cheesy bacon, bring it on! But only with Lay’s original chips. Salty and delicious.
- What is your favorite store and why? Target! I go there at least once a week, often more, and I can lose hours in there. You can find almost everything there. Plus with their Cartwheel app and other coupons, I save so much money there. No store is better than Target.
- If you could have any job what would it be? I would do one of two things, and I’m really torn which I would choose if I had the choice. I’d either be an editor at a cat magazine, or I would start a local kitty luxury hotel. I’m not even kidding, I have a partial business plan for the latter, and if I ever come into some money, I seriously might start one.
- Someone comes to you asking for advice on starting a blog. What is the first thing you tell them? First, figure out what your blog goals are and outline some topic ideas. Then do one post about yourself and why you started blogging, and put yourself on Bloglovin’. Next, start following tons of other blogs if you don’t already, and participate in linkups, do some button swaps and sponsoring if you can afford it, be sure to reply to all comments you get, make connecti0ns and have some fun!
- How would your best friend describe you? Maybe I should ask her some day. She’s probably say that I’m a chill, quiet, shy gal on the outside, but once you get to know me, I’m pretty rad. I am goofy, I often have a man’s sense of humor (because seriously, bathroom jokes are hilarious), I like cool music, I like to cook and bake, and I’ll talk your ear off once I’ve warmed up. And that I have a serious cat obsession.
- What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas! Because on Christmas you get all the best things about all the other holidays in one (minus the weather part). You get to eat lots of good food, spend time with your family, get some presents and give some too, look at pretty lights, and remember the important things in life and reflect on lucky and blessed you are.
The questions I got from Michelle, and my answers, are:
- Red wine or white? White. The sweeter the better.
- Favorite winter activity? Back when I was active, I loved to snowboard. Now I pretty much don’t leave my couch.
- Which Olympic sport are you most excited to watch? I like the summer Olympics much more, but I’ll go with bobsledding for this one.
- What do you want for Valentine’s Day? Another kitty! And a cupcake.
- If you could eat one from one restaurant’s menu for the rest of your life, which would it be? Chili’s.
- When it comes to men, what’s your “type”? I don’t really have a physical type. They just have to be really funny and like the same kind of music I do.
- What’s one beauty ritual you cannot skip? Mascara. I look dreadful without it. If I only have time to apply one thing, that’s it.
- Who was your favorite teacher in school and why? My English teacher, Mr. Radecki. He made me love Classic books and taught me most everything I know about grammar. I think he had quite a bit to do with where I am, career wise, today.
- Dream car? Meh, I’m not picky. Just not a Ford Contour; those are awful.
- Favorite song at this very moment? Don’t laugh, but I cannot stop listening to “What Does the Fox Say.” It’s so fun and so catchy.
- You can only eat one part of the Oreo. Cookie or cream? Cream. Chocolate is overrated.
The questions I pose to my nominees are:
1. What makes you the happiest?
2. What’s your favorite musician or band?
3. What guilty pleasure TV show do you watch?
4. In high school, who were you (the nerd, athlete, etc.)?
5. What is a little-known fact about you?
6. What do you think is your best quality?
7. In three words, describe your everyday style.
8. All time favorite restaurant?
9. What is the ultimate date for you?
10. Do you cook? If so, what’s your go-to, favorite recipe?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
So friends, grab your button below and spread the love!
<div align="center"><a href="https://notesfromanewlywed.wordpress.com/" title="Notes from a Newlywed"><img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z114/SilverStar54/leibster-award.jpg" alt="Notes from a Newlywed" style="border:none;" /></a></div>